Contact DJ om acim4me@live.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Carey asks "Do you feel lucky, Volunteer Managers?"

I just stumbled across a great and honest blog written on Volunteermatch

In this article the writer Carey Fritz has written about the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of her experiences in volunteer management.

Her article in my opinion is brave, forthright and insightful. Its content and the content of the responses are indicative of the issues that the volunteer management sector face globally.

We need more perceptive writing like this. We need more people to share the Good the bad and the ugly of their experiences.

This is of course required reading for anyone interested in the volunteerism sector whether that be volunteering peak bodies or professional associations for volunteer managers.

How are Volunteer Managers coping on the ground? Really coping. Its very brave for someone like Carey to share her story because so few of us do it.

When I present on Validating Volunteer Management I happily share my story of emerging from the bad and ugly of being undervalued and or under resourced to the place of being respected as a professional with expertise in volunteerism within organisations.

I believe it all begins with validating yourself and your chosen career.
I plan to write more on this topic in the near future but for now I would like you to check out Carey’s blog. All you have to do is click on the heading of this blog and you are there! It would be great if you could leave a comment too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. It will shortly be reviewed. Namaste! DJ

Featured Post

The simple act of kindness.

How we learn from our children! This post was inspired by an act of my daughter. When her mum arrived at work today she found this...