Contact DJ om acim4me@live.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Change of a Dollar

It’s not too often that a movie really touches me. Especially an 11 minute one. Well here is one that did. It’s one that I just discovered and one that I will be sharing with volunteers.  I have always believed that It doesn’t take much to be the change in someone’s life. A smile. A kind word. A lending hand. A shoulder to cry on. A listening ear. A laugh shared. Little things can mean a lot.

It is good to remind volunteers sometimes that everything they do, from the little things to the bigger and more public things mean a lot. And sometimes we don’t even realise that a small action on our part can have amazing consequences for another.
This 11 minutes or so gave me encouragement and hope too. And faith in the goodness of a world where so much bad news reigns.
I am passing this little gem forward. I hope that some of you do too!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this amazing youtube clip with such a powerful message. I definitely need tissues on hand every time I watch this clip. It is very thought provoking and moving. Two quotes come to mind after watching this.

    “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”
    Brandi Snyder

    "People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel"
    Dr. Thomas L. Garthwaite

    The power of Volunteering; it’s the little things that can make such a difference in somebody’s life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey DJ, the video says it's "private" on Youtube. Any suggestions? Thx! -Scott

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message. It will shortly be reviewed. Namaste! DJ

Featured Post

The simple act of kindness.

How we learn from our children! This post was inspired by an act of my daughter. When her mum arrived at work today she found this...